Current opening for power line inspector in the utility department. Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, organized and able to work unsupervised. Be willing to learn about power line structures and maintenance work methods. Job will include inspection of powerline structures, quality control inspections of new installs, road survey, site plans and civil supervision relating to road development and upgrades. Must be willing and able to frequently travel around the province of British Columbia. This role is a high percentage of travel within BC. Camp Lodging/meals are included.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A valid BC drivers license.
- Ability to work outdoors in technical terrain in various temperature and weather conditions.
- Experience operating ATVs, snowmobiles and other 4X4 vehicles.
- Covid Vaccinated due to contract requirements.
- Powerline experience (inspection, construction, design, vegetation clearing, civil operator, etc).
- Natural resource diploma/degree (Forestry, Biology, Civil, etc).
- Project management or construction supervision is considered an asset.
- Road survey, layout, and design experience.
- Slope stability assessments.
- Sediment and erosion control/runoff management plans.
Please apply in confidence by emailing your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Word format/pdf with the subject header “Consus Utilities Opportunity 2021 Resume” addressed to email@example.com. Attn: Cody Bornyk DEADLINE: November 30, 2021
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are always accepting resumes. We may not always be hiring, but if the right candidate approaches us, we are always open to creating opportunity. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, safe, opportunitist environment please do not hesitate to send us your resume.
- Utilities training an asset.
- Experience with capabilities of heavy machinery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Well written and strong interpersonal skills.