Current opening for specialist in the utility department. Must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised. Job to include road survey, site plans and civil supervision relating to road development and upgrades. Be willing to learn about power line structures and maintenance work methods. Inspection of powerline structures, quality control and assurance inspections of new installs. Must be willing and able to travel around the province of British Columbia.
Skills and experience:
- Road survey and design.
- Slope stability assessments.
- Sediment and erosion control/runoff management plans.
- BC Hydro Structure Inspection Experience
- Project management / Construction supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills/ Computer, technology skill set.
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Physically able to navigate technical terrain in all weather conditions
- Experience operating ATV, snowmobile and 4X4 vehicles
- Powerline experience (PLT, vegetation clearing, civil operator, etc)
Preferred education background:
- Diploma or Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geographical Science
- Registered Forest Professional
- Power line Technician
Please apply in confidence by emailing your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Word format/pdf with the subject header “Consus Utilities Opportunity 2021 Resume” addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Cody Bornyk
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Utilities training an asset.
- Experience with capabilities of heavy machinery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Well written and strong interpersonal skills.