Currently Consus Management Ltd. is seeking Senior Level Forest Technicians and Forest Professionals to work within its Forestry division in both field and office setting in the Vernon Office.
Forest Professional Positions:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Registered as RPF or RFT with the ABCFP.
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Self-Motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Experience in the following is required:
- Multi-year Planning and Resource Analysis Experience
- Road and cut-block Planning and layout experience.
- Experience in higher level area-based Planning.
- Working knowledge of the BC Appraisal System.
- Full CP submission and Reporting, RESULTS, ECAS
- Interior Timber Cruising experience.
- SP Writing and SP data collection.
- Aptitude for working with and developing Forest Stewardship plans.
- Well versed in applicable Legislation and Regulations.
- Experience with LiDAR an asset.
- Silviculture Survey Accreditation asset but not required.
- Familiar with ArcGIS
Senior and Intermediate Positions
- Minimum 3 years (Intermediate) Minimum 5 years (senior) experience in Timber development activities
- Minimum 1 year head Cruising experienced for cruising positions. Those with less are encouraged to apply and will be considered
- Those with less experience are encouraged to apply for a case-by-case evaluation of competency
- Experience with technical road design and RoadEng is an asset
- Experience as a crew lead for senior positions is required to work as a group with other leading staff for all Timber Development and engineering activities
- Registered or eligible for registration with the ABCFP as a RFT or RPF is an asset but not required for both intermediate and senior roles
- Willing to work both in the Field and complete associated office work
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Forestry or Related Field is an asset
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License
- Successful applicants should be physically fit to endure field work in all conditions
- Self-Motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Familiar with applicable Legislation and Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience with client communication and professional meetings (senior Staff)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Traveling will be required for this position, and at times this may be to remote camp situations.
Employment, role, and wages of the successful applicant will depend on experience and competency. Duties may vary based on current contractual obligations. Training and Professional Development in multiple divisions is available, and will be provided based on the successful applicant.
Please apply in confidence by e-mailing your resume and cover letter in PDF Format with the subject header “Consus-Forestry Division Employment 2021” by November 30, 2021 (however, posting will stay open until suitable candidates are found), addressed to email@example.com , attention: HR Manager.