Current opening for an Advanced UAV Operator. Must be a professional, independent self-motivated individual with the ability to operate unsupervised. Proposed duties include pre-flight planning, travelling to local and remote locations, collecting photography, videography & lidar data, RTK Station setup and design, data management/analysis and deliverable completion. This position requires working with a diverse range of clientele and Consus staff is multiple resource and industrial sectors. The successful applicant must be willing and able to travel throughout the province of British Columbia.
Skills and experience:
• Experienced manually flying quadcopters.
• Experienced use of grid planning for autonomous flight operations.
• Experienced flying in different classifications of airspace, coordinating with airports/air traffic and obtaining SFOC’s (Special Flight Operations Certificate) when required.
• Systematic individual, capable of following strict procedures, checklists and statutes to ensure successful operations.
• Experienced using Nav Canada NAV Drone application to create, manage and obtain approvals for drone operations along with other applications such as Drone Pilot Canada.
• Situational awareness when pre-planning operations as well as identify and maneuver obstacles that arise in the field.
• Strong analytical skillset to facilitate data processing and create client deliverables
• Strong computer skills along with ability to learn new/different technologies and applications.
• Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
• Professional writing experience an asset
• Previous work experience in forestry, biology or other remote field-based positions an asset.
• Experience working in adverse terrain and weather conditions with 4×4 vehicles and ATV/UTV access.
• Transport Canada RPAS Advanced Operator Certification
• Radio Operator License
• Valid BC Driver’s license
Please apply in confidence by emailing your resume and cover letter in a Microsoft Word format/pdf with the subject header “Consus UAV Opportunity 2021 Resume” addressed to email@example.com. Closing date: November 15, 2021.
We are always accepting resumes. We may not always be hiring, but if the right candidate approaches us, we are always open to creating opportunity. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, safe, opportunitist environment please do not hesitate to send us your resume.